Cyanide Toxicity; Hypotension Risk
- Administration Not suitable for direct injection and requires dilution prior to infusion.
- Hypotension: can cause significant drops in blood pressure leading to irreversible ischemic injury or death. Requires appropriate monitoring equipment and experienced personnel.
- Cyanide Toxicity: Accumulation of cyanide ion may occur
MONITORING RECOMMENDATIONS RELATED TO BLACK BOX DATA
- Infusion at the maximum dose should not last > 10 minutes to avoid risk of cyanide toxicity
- Acid base balance and venous oxygen concentration should be monitored but are not perfect indicators of cyanide toxicity
Patient Counseling Information
Updated January 2018