Positive Titers with Chronic Administration
Positive ANA titer
- Chronic administration may result in positive titers with or without symptoms of lupus erythematosus like syndrome.
- Limit the use of this drug to patients with life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias
- Agranulocytosis, bone marrow depression, neutropenia, hypoplastic anemia, an thrombocytopenia have been reported may occur, usually within first 12 wks of therapy at recommended doses. Caution should be used in patients with pre-existing marrow failure or cytopenia.
MONITORING RECOMMENDATIONS RELATED TO BLACK BOX DATA
- If positive ANA titer occurs, the benefit/risk ratio should be assessed.
- Perform CBC with white blood cell, differential, and platelet counts at weekly intervals for first three months of therapy and periodically thereafter.
- CBC should be performed if patient develops signs of infection.
- If hematological disorders occur, procainamide should be discontinued.
Updated January 2018