Asparaginase - (black box removed upon last labeling revision)
- Experienced physician only in Hospital Setting
- Sudden death
- Special Handling Procedures
- Must be prepared to treat anaphylaxis at each administration of dose, including primary dose.
- Intradermal skin test should be performed prior to initial administration of this drug and repeated when > 1 week separates doses.
- See package insert for special handling instructions for preparation, administration and disposal of the drug.
Note: Latest labeling (3/2007) does not include prior boxed warning.
Patient Counseling Information
Updated January 2018