CONTRAINDICATION IN PREGNANCY
- Bexarotene is a member of the retinoid class of drugs that is associated with birth defects in humans.
- Caused birth defects when administered orally to pregnant rats.
- Must not be administered to a pregnant woman.
MONITORING RECOMMENDATIONS RELATED TO BLACK BOX DATA
- Negative serum or urine pregnancy test with a sensitivity of at least 50 mIU/mL within one week prior to therapy. Repeat pregnancy test at monthly intervals during therapy
- Effective contraception used for 1 month prior to initiation of therapy, during therapy and > 1 month after drug discontinued.
- See full package insert for complete information
Updated January 2018