Serious Harm with IV Administration of Oral Product
- Do not administer Nimotop intravenously or by by other parenteral routes. Deaths and serious, life-threatening adverse events have occurred when the contents of Nimotop capsules have been injected parenterally. (see WARNINGS and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).
FDA and Industry Communications
- Black Box Addition: Dear Health Professional Letter (February 2006)
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: Serious medication errors from intravenous administration of nimodipine oral capsules
- Medication Errors -I V administration of Oral Capsules May Result in Death, Serious Harms (Aug 2010)
- Nimodipine (marketed as Nimotop) - Healthcare Professional Sheet
Updated January 2018